This healthy carrot cake is so soft, delicious and easy to make (made in a few moments), and even kids love it. One bowl and a few spare minutes – and you’ll have a great cake in the over. The smell in the kitchen will call you when your cake is ready!
5 Minutes Healthy Carrot Cake
2 loaf pans 30 cm long
2 large eggs
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
4 tbsp. milk or water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1.5 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 medium carrots, grated
1/2 cup chopped walnut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees and grease the pan.
- In a large bowl put eggs, brown sugar, milk and oil and whisk until blended.
- Sift in flour and baking powder, add cinnamon, salt and vanilla and fold in with a spatula.
- Add the grated carrots and stir in until blended. At this point, if you wish, you can also add chopped nuts.
- Transfer the mixture into the pans. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely at room temperature and serve.
- You can add or omit spices according to personal taste.
- Keep the cake in the fridge, wrapped well, for up to a week.
- The cake can be frozen for up to a month.
- Serve the cake at room temperature or even slightly warm.