There’s nothing like homemade bread! It’s easy to make and much more delicious than store bought breads.
This whole wheat bread is made with only 5 ingredients and is one of the things I regularly have in my freezer. I make it once a week and it’s a favorite in our home!
5 Ingredients Whole Wheat Bread
- Based on a recipe from “Food from Home by Michal Ansky,” with some adjustments.
13*23 cm loaf pan, height 7.5 cm
450 grams whole wheat flour
10 grams active dry yeast
1 tsp. salt
400 ml. water
1 tsp. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 200c degrees and grease the pan.
- In a mixer bowl put flour, yeast, water, sugar and salt and knead for 5-6 minutes until sticky dough forms.
- Transfer the dough into the pan, and smooth the top with slightly floured hands.
- Cover and let rise for about an hour or until the dough fills the pan to the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the bread is set and browned.
- Remove the bread carefully from the pan and return to continue baking for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool completely on a rack and serve.
- The bread is at its best when fresh, but you can slice it and keep in a sealed bag in the freezer for up to a month.
- You can use brown sugar or white sugar according to personal taste. It is also possible to use honey or date syrup the same amount.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.