There’s nothing like homemade bread! It’s easy to make and much more delicious than store bought breads.
This whole wheat bread is made with only 5 ingredients and is one of the things I regularly have in my freezer. I make it once a week and it’s a favorite in our home!
Click here for more delicious bread recipes >>
5 Ingredients Whole Wheat Bread
- Based on a recipe from “Food from Home by Michal Ansky,” with some adjustments.
13*23 cm loaf pan, height 7.5 cm
450 grams whole wheat flour
10 grams active dry yeast
1 tsp. salt
400 ml. water
1 tsp. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 200c degrees and grease the pan.
- In a mixer bowl put flour, yeast, water, sugar and salt and knead for 5-6 minutes until sticky dough forms.
- Transfer the dough into the pan, and smooth the top with slightly floured hands.
- Cover and let rise for about an hour or until the dough fills the pan to the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the bread is set and browned.
- Remove the bread carefully from the pan and return to continue baking for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool completely on a rack and serve.
- The bread is at its best when fresh, but you can slice it and keep in a sealed bag in the freezer for up to a month.
- You can use brown sugar or white sugar according to personal taste. It is also possible to use honey or date syrup the same amount.