This orange cake is the fluffiest, most delicious and so easy to make, you simply have to try it!
Orange and Almond Cake
24 cm round cake pan
4 large eggs
200 grams (1 cup) sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
zest of 2 oranges
200 ml. freshly squeezed orange juice
160 ml. (2/3 cup) vegetable oil
210 grams all-purpose flour
100 grams (1 cup) almond meal
10 grams (2 tsp.) baking powder
some powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat oven to 170c degrees.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer with whipping attachment, put eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt and whip on high speed until mixture is fluffy and airy.
- Add the orange zest and continue beating on low speed.
- In a separate bowl mix the orange juice and oil, and pour into the egg mixture in a thin stream, while continuing to whisk at medium speed.
- Once blended, add the flour, almonds and baking powder and fold in gently with a spatula into a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the batter into the pan and bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely at room temperature.
- Sprinkle a little powdered sugar over the cake ready.
- Store the cake in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Instead of almond meal you can use grinded coconut.
- Serve the cake at room temperature.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.