I’m in love with chocolate and peanut butter combination. I love how the sweetness of the chocolate goes just perfectly with the creaminess of the peanut butter, and I just can’t stop making desserts that combine these two fabulous ingredients.
These eclairs are so delicious; it’s filled with smooth peanut butter cream, dipped in chocolate ganache and decorated with whipped chocolate cream and roasted peanuts. It’s the perfect dessert for chocolate and peanut butter lovers!
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Eclairs
For the eclairs:
160 ml. water
5 grams sugar
70 grams butter
3 grams fine salt
15 grams cornstarch
90 grams all-purpose flour
2-3 eggs, beaten
For peanut butter cream:
250 ml. whipping cream
100 grams smooth peanut butter
50 grams sugar powder
For the chocolate ganache (for both dipping and topping):
250 grams dark chocolate
250 ml. whipping cream
Pinch of salt
50-60 grams of salted halved peanuts, roasted
- Make the eclairs: preheat oven to 180c degrees.
- In a medium saucepan put water, salt, sugar and butter and heat to a strong boil.
- Add cornstarch and flour and stir while cooking, until it turns into a lump of dough.
- Transfer the dough to the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment and mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until it cools down a little.
- Add the eggs gradually while beating until dough is elastic and smooth. Check the readiness of dough by creating a “trail” with a wooden spoon in the center of the dough – if the track remains stable, add some eggs, and if it closes a bit – the dough is ready. It is important not to add too many eggs to the dough or it may become too soft and ruined.
- Transfer the dough to a pastry bag fitted with a serrated 2 cm piping tip. On a baking tray lined with baking paper pipe 8-10 cm long eclairs. It’s important to leave some space between the eclairs.
- Bake the eclairs for 20-25 minutes until golden and set.
- Cool completely at room temperature.
- Make 2 small holes at the bottom of each eclair.
- Peanut Butter Cream: in a bowl of a mixer with a whipping attachment, whip cream, peanut butter and powdered sugar on high speed until creamy and very stable.
- Fill the eclairs with the peanut butter cream, and keep them stuffed in the refrigerator until coating and decoration.
- Chocolate ganache: chop the chocolate and place in a bowl.
- Heat cream and salt in a small saucepan to simmer.
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate, wait a minute, and whisk well until uniform and shiny chocolate ganache is formed.
- Dip the top of the eclairs in the warm ganache and return them to cool in the refrigerator to set.
- Transfer the remaining ganache into a wide box and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until completely cold.
- Transfer the cold ganache into a bowl of a mixer with a whipping attachment and whip at high-speed until you stable and airy.
- Transfer the cream into a pastry bag fitted with 2 cm serrated piping tip and drizzle chocolate cream on top of each éclair.
- Decorate with roasted salted peanuts and serve.
- The eclairs are at their best on the day of preparation, but you can keep it in a closed container in the refrigerator up to 2-3 days.
- Instead of peanuts you can decorate the eclairs with any other nut you like.
- Instead of water, you can make the eclairs (the choux pastry) with the same amount of milk.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.