If you have a few over-ripe bananas on the kitchen table – don’t miss these soft and so delicious chocolate and banana muffins. It’s super easy to make and makes a great breakfast.
Banana and Chocolate Muffins
3 large eggs
180 grams sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
200 ml. heavy cream
100 ml. mik
50 ml. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
zest of a lemon or an orange
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
500 grams all-purpose flour
1/2 tbsp. baking powder
200 grams dark chocolate 70%, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180c degrees and lightly grease your pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, cinnamon, salt, cream, milk, oil, vanilla, orange zest and mashed bananas to a smooth batter.
- Add flour, baking powder and dark chocolate and stir gently just until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the pan.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center of the muffins comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely and serve.
- Keep the muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5-6 days.
- It is recommended to serve the muffins at room temperature.
- If you want, you can add a little chocolate liqueur or brandy to the mix.
- You can use milk or white chocolate in the same amount instead of dark chocolate.
- You can add some chopped nuts to the batter.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.